Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thanks a lot folks !! நன்றி!! நன்றி!!

From my Facebook posts since 11th April 2015:

எழுமை எழுபிறப்பும் உள்ளுவர் தங்கண்
விழுமந் துடைத்தவர் நட்பு

Tamil 'Thirukkural' adage goes like this:
Couplet 107
Through all seven worlds, in seven-fold birth, Remains in mem'ry of the wise
Friendship of those who wiped on earth, The tears of sorrow from their eyes.


Explanation

(The wise) will remember throughout their seven-fold births the love of those who have wiped away their affliction

Transliteration

Ezhumai Ezhupirappum Ulluvar Thangan
Vizhuman Thutaiththavar Natpu

எந்நன்றி கொன்றார்க்கும் உய்வுண்டாம் உய்வில்லை
செய்ந்நன்றி கொன்ற மகற்கு

Couplet 110:
Who every good have killed, may yet destruction flee;
Who 'benefit' has killed, that man shall ne'er 'scape free'
Explanation

He who has killed every virtue may yet escape; there is no escape for him who has killed a benefit

Transliteration

Ennandri Kondraarkkum Uyvuntaam Uyvillai
Seynnandri Kondra Makarku


It's a mind-blowing nostalgic recall for me today (rather  yesterday and today) 10th and 11th April 2015

Going by the trend in FB, people are sharing what they have / had posted 'this day last year or a year before' something like that.

In my case, it's not just so. Every calendar year, 100th day, I cannot forget for life.  That's 10th/11th of April every year(depending on leap year allowance).

That's the day exactly 25 years ago, I took up my first international professional engagement and flew out of India with all hopes and objectives, not sure, what to do in a new demography where you need to meet different nationals, from multi-ethnic, racial or religious or cultural variables all around.

Of course, it's not unique to anyone going overseas be it in any sphere of life (from a lower end working class labor or technician or someone with a moderate to high academic qualification), going as a skilled or unskilled or semi-skilled or professionally skilled labor source overseas to a destination where Labor from Asian region is still seen at a lower evaluation.  Yes, that's Gulf region.

I had the first taste of everything in life in that first spell of 14 years I spent in KSA where I have had several ups and downs in both professional and personal life, getting settled in life with whatever I could earn in those days, courtesy the smaller range of exchange difference and impact that makes to me as a small-time worker.

Having had to interact with multiple challenges on the go,compromising or sacrificing several personal traits or tenets, egos and emotional repercussions and ramifications that come with it, I have had the plus and minus of myself exposed there; having had my successful stint to prove my skills as a learned and seasoned employee, groomed from lower to middle to middle-management level, that later paved for my professional status decades later.

Ahead of that embarkation journey 25 years ago today, I had already possessed a similar 7-year stint travelling the width and breadth of India almost south of Vindhyas, not being blessed to travel beyond Vindhyas, ortowards the region of Ganga, Yamuna and Brahmaputra, I had tasted again many challenges in equipping myself with the 'required' skill-set at the base-level where I had managed to use that as a tool to migrate elsewhere later.

Now looking back 32 years later overall, Oh!! What I was,what I am today?

It has been a really amazing journey for me as an individual; those who know me personally would vouch for me, if not come forward with their critical assessment or acclaim if any;   Several challenges on the go in both personal and professional life; I had always reinvested what I learned and earned both in terms of academic or professional talent or financial or economic parlance, I had always used those resources to mould and groom myself, unstintingly with that sort of 'patience, perseverance,due diligence applied at the appropriate time without losing my known integrity and sincerity that I am known for, for decades (for ages rather).

I may not have achieved what I otherwise deserve to have thus far, perhaps, time only can prove my worth I know where I can go to the highest in the hierarchy (from a professional or personal objectives and career ambition standpoint) where I would prove achieving greater heights one day, true to my fullest talent, capabilities and SWOT. 

For all above, I must thank gratefully and sincerely to manypeople whom I have got interactions both at personal and professional level,some from my familial associations or relationship angles, the list might bevery long, if I start indicating each and everyone's name here, but few of themto my knowledge are not in FB or social medium, so let me take this opportunityto thank those who were behind my success story, thus far, without which Iwould not be what I am today.

Come 2000-2003 period, I had that excellent divine blessing of being mentored by a great soul in Shri Murali Ramarao who came into my life like an Angel from nowhere in the middle of 1998-99 or so (forgot actual period), who has seen my potential at that stage, who has taken his illustrious time and effort day in and day out to motivate me to go forward, take my next step in my career, for,he has seen the potential in me the professional in me (till then I never visualized or had any ambitious outlook as such, I may have had that killer instinct deep within, but for him, and his sincere and dedicated and motivated peppy-talk over lunch time, tea time, evening dinner time we used to talk for hours non-stop how to grow further, how to take life forward, how to embark and attempt newer avenues. Had he not taken that initiative to see me what I amtruly made of (supposedly), I am not that IT Professional that I stand todayafter 11 years of IT career since 2003 and now.    

I owe my every meal and energy what I think I possessed until 2003 to my brother Shri Krishna Murthy,  Equally I owe my every meal thereafter till now and for several decades to come, to my best of friends, philosopher and guide, mentor and virtual Guru, Shri Murali Ramarao.

There are several other great souls who were just professional acquaintances to start with, later became my close-nit friends even after several decades of personal and professional association where I still relish and cherish that intimate friendship even today on a personal level, few at a familial interaction even.  It would bean under-statement here if I say they have played a crucial role in my life to realize what I am today, so it would be prudent if I chose to thank them in the form of expressing my gratitude. They have, each of them, played thus their role, in whatever capacity that they could afford considering and tolerating me to some extent (to a greater extent at times) despite my stubborn and unforgiving nature at times withstanding or withholding their anguish, if any,at critical times and by and large, appreciating hopefully my innate wit, pun and satire many a times.

Frankly, I have never been arrogant but I have been uncompromising and have been that straightforward on the face to express myself (like calling a spade a spade, where I felt it was absolutely necessary); at the same time I managed to avoid  cautiously though, an upfront confrontation with anyone on the go. Thus, I realize, that quality of mine has gifted me withsuch great souls as my long-time friends and associates though standing purelyas my well-wishers in this long journey of life.

I realize belatedly though, the very same quality that I have used to express myself in my personal life with my near and dear ones have had its repercussions, ramifications and emotional impact to each individual around, who are part and parcel of my family per se.  I think it’s that time to sincerely express my apologies, for having been so straightforward, however, I wish everyone would take such expression with the sheer positive angle that was expressed given the circumstances that I was forced to behave as such.  

Perhaps, I never had the bandwidth to learn the positivism of life, where I have paid that biggest price by my own behavior however that I can justify as my personality trait and tenet, per se, but I know and I can realize how far that would have impacted the audience who had inadvertently got the negative impact at those critical times.  I am sorry again to those who have thus been impacted or been victimized, but for no reason. 
Many of them perhaps not in FB or social medium, so I seek divine pardon and forgiveness here not being able to disclose their names here.God knows whom I mean here, so my sincere thanks and gratitude logically go to them, emotionally. I think of those great souls now.

My sincere thanks and gratitude go (first and foremost) to my brother, Krishna Murthy, without his pull and push in my upbringing in my childhood and teenage and later to my career and personal life.  He who stands as a testimony who has tolerated ups and downs watching me grow, and hence obviously I start with him to express my gratitude.

There are few intimate friends for long since school and college days, to name a few (couple of them have familial close or distant relation tag as well).  Those of you in the familial close tag, kindly excuse to have included in the global list here, for, you have been friend, philosopher and guide, at those critical times where I sought your assistance for your earnest inputs, thus it is obvious I would include you as such.

(From within the family)

Malathi Sivasankaran 
Divya Sivasankaran
Srihari Sivasankaran
Kumar Ramamoorthy
Padma Krishnamoorthy
Rajesh Krishnamoorthy
Dinesh Krishnamoorthy
K Swaminathan
Latha Swaminathan
Vignesh Swaminathan
Sayee Narayanaswamy 
Janaki Narayanaswamy


From the familial friends circle:
Swaminathan Vs & Chellammal Swaminathan
Panchapagesan Chandrasekhar & BhuvaneshwariChandrasekhar
S Chandrasekaran, the father of Gayathri Chandrasekaran
Lalithaa Chandrasekaran
Guruprasad Rao
Swaminathan Rajaraman Ganeshan
Chakrapani Rama Rao 
Krishnamoorthy Chandrasekaran
B Krishnaswamy (Kichami)
T N Ashok Thyagarajan
Maheshkumar G
K Balasubramanian
S Krishnan

Swaminathan Venkataraman (Sampath)
Balakrishnan Ramaswami Iyer (Balu)
Ramakrishnan Venkataraman (Venkat)
Venkataraman Sankar (Sankaran)
Srinivasan Gopalakrishnan (Dharani)
Shri N Ramamirtham (ex-Thermax Mumbai)
Kalyanaraman Dhandapani
Dhandapani Nagarajan
S Raja (Rajagopal or Rajaraman?)
Somasundaram Sivasubramanian
Sukumar Rangan
Neelakantan Kumar


Common Friends for long time. I may not have recentinteractions with any of them, still, I cherish good old days spending timewith them in my grooming days
A Balaji
R Vijendran
G Shanmukhanadhan
R Shanmughasundaram
(Late) V Sankara Sadasivan
(Late) G Periyaswamy
Mrs. T. Lakshmi
T Raman
T Srinivasan

Venkatachalam Ramakrishnan (Murthy) – 

I can never forget myassociation with Murthy, who has shown what’s Tamil Literature is all about,inculcating READING as a PASSION within me, introducing  great authors and writers like (e.g.) JK,Jittu Krishnamurthy, Thi. Janakiraman, Sujatha (Rangarajan), Kalki, Ess.Raa.(S. Ramakrishnan), Melanmai Ponnuchami, Kannadasan, Vaali, Saa Viswanathan(Saavi), Manian (Ithayam Pesukirathu), Vikatan Group, Kumudham Publications,Thuglak, Kanaiyazhi, to name a few.




My Gurus & Mentors (who gave me the basic impetus for myprofessional attire:

(Late) Shri J Krishnaswamy, FCA, Kumbakonam
(Late) Shri Gundu Rao, Auditing & Taxation Consultant, Kumbakonam
Shri G Kunchithapatham, FCA, Kumbakonam
Shri J Murali Krishnaswamy (JayKayMurali) FCA,Kumbakonam/Chennai
Shri P Chandrasekhar, FCA, Bangalore / Chennai
Shri R Balasubramanian, Advocate & Tax Consultant,Chennai
Shri R Subramanian, FCA, Bangalore / Chennai
Shri Murali Ramarao (I have no bandwidth to list hisacademic excellence here)

My Primary / Higher Secondary School Faculty Alumni (to namea few), with whom I still hold respects and regards for their academicexcellence without which I would not be what I am today, thankfully:
Shri B Sundaresan, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam
Shri T R Ganesan, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam
Shri A Thiyagarajan (or A Chandrasekharan) forgot actual name, English Professor& APO, Kumbakonam Arts College (Men) (retired now)
Shri G Srinivasan (GS), Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam(retired now)
Shri N C Raghavachari, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam(retired now)
Shri V Natarajan, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam(retired now)
Shri S Somasundaram, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam(retired now)
Shri V Rajendran, Teaching Faculty at NHSS Kumbakonam(retired now)
Shri V Pitchumani, Headmaster & Teaching Faculty at NHSSKumbakonam (retired now)
Shri A Dhanushkoti, Headmaster & Teaching Faculty atNHSS Kumbakonam (retired now)
Shri G Venkatasubramanian, Headmaster & Teaching Facultyat NHSS Kumbakonam (retired now)
Shri R Rajagopalachar (Headmaster at KTV Middle School,Kumbakonam) (Late)
Shri V Gopalan (R Gopalan), Teaching Faculty at KTV MiddleSchool, Kumbakonam) ( retired)
Shri V Sivaraman, Teaching Faculty at KTV Middle School,Kumbakonam (retired)




Many of my other friends perhaps, would not be in FB or social medium, so I seekdivine pardon and forgiveness here not being able to disclose their names here.God knows whom I mean here, so my sincere thanks and gratitude logically go tothem, emotionally. I think of those great souls now.
Few names I can recall though instantly:

Raghupathy Mahadevan
Ramyar Darius Balsara
Elvina Gershom Kumbhavdekar
Seethapathi Muralidharan
Devendran C M
Joseph John Sunder
Ravi Kasinathan (Siebel Ravi)
Ramakumari G
Smita Sunil Choudhary
Prabhakar Chettiar
Venkatesan Ramakrishnan
Thiruvengadam Perumal Raju
Babu Prasad Rajamanickam
Bala Anbalagan
Bala Venkataraman
Nandakumar K R 
Subha B 

Neepan Thiruneepan
Mohamed Ahmed Kotb
Ravindran Cherikkalingal
Venkatesh Pai
Ali Damati
Hani Lababidi
Ujwal Chintaman Pradhan
Keith C Braganza
Hany Azmy
Bassam Haniya
Sylvestor D’Souza
John Fernandez
Patrick D’Souza
Anand Gangadharan
Zaki Khattab
Syed Abdul Khader
Faiz Ul Hassan
Syed Abdul Raheem Toufiq
Dinesh Sharma (Abdullah Sharma)
Prakash Surana
Jose Hillary



Few of my acquaintances turned close circle friends whom I felt I shall form and include in an elite group within my FB or Thuglak FanClub interactions, with whom I now realize I must thank too, the list is huge, but to name a few again; for I realize, I learn a lot continuously from them invariably though:

NSM Shahul Hameed
Parthasarathy Rajagopal
Wahe Guru (Guru Prasad)
Rajagopalan Venkataraman (RV)
Jayaraman Raghunathan (JR)
Sethuraman Krishnamurthy 
Krishnamoorthy Venkataraman (KV)
Sudhakar Kasturi
Shankar Rajarathnam
Rajagopalan Srinivasan
Ramachandran Krishnamurthy (RK)
Madhavan Srirangam
Sathya GaneshPrasad (GP) (aka Sathya Siva Puthran)
Suresh Kumar S
Venkatasubramanian Ramamurthy (RVS)
Ranganathan Ganesh (RG)
Ravi Shankar A Nagarajan (RSAN)
Tiruchendurai Ramamurthy Sankar (TRS)
Sridhar Trafco
Prakash Ramaswami
Gurumoorthy Subramanian
Rajagopalan Trichy
Prakash Rajagopal
Harish Ganapathi
Satheesh Kumar (more than one in this name)
Sathishkumar Pranatharthiharan
Pinnangudi Subramaniam
Jawahar Kannan (Jay Kay)
Narayanan Swaminathan
C Badri Narayanan
@மாதவன் ஸ்ரீரங்கம்
@கே ஜி ஜவர்லால்
Madhuram Prabhakar
Isha Mala
Ananya Mahadevan
Vallabha Srinivasan

(more to follow) Can't recollect specific names, right-away. It does not mean they are in anyway inferior in my assessment as illustrated above. Just that my memory is short, and hence I am unable to recall names, kindly excuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment